Thursday 4 June 2015

Istanbul in Pictures

Just Pictures...
Hagia Sophia- The Christian church turned into a mosque.

Upper level of Hagia Sophia 
Inside Hagia Sophia main prayer hall.
The hallway of Hagia Sophia
Although converted into a mosque, some Christian artwork reamain inside Hagia Sophia
Blue Mosque in the distance
Inside Blue Mosque
Inside Blue Mosque
Inside Atik Ali Pasa Mosque
Topkapi Palace

Topkapi Palace
Hagia Irene
Basilica Cistern
Around the street of Istanbul


The relative good although somewhat expensive tram network that runs through Istanbul
Street vendors nearby the tourist areas 

Grand Bazaar

Window Shopping inside the Grand Bazaar
Some of the craftwork available at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. 

3 comments:

  1. The pictures are simply amazing. Hope so that I will soon be able to visit this paradise on earth. I fond of visiting different places, but all this needs is lots of money. So I try to visit different places in Budget. I always carry a detailed road map as I m still having a detailed Australia Road Map in my Australian trip. This helps me in saving money invested on traveler guide and I can visit all the places of my own choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I was there for 3.5 months in 2015. Haven't gotten around to writing about it.

      Delete